To Potential Employers
As A Partner We Will…
- Provide you with potential employees who have a desire to work and would be a good fit for you.
- Offer you a opportunity to assist members of your community, in realizing their goals and improving their quality of life.
- On the job training and coaching are supports that are offered to assure success of their individuals.
- Provide support to the employer and employee to help with smooth transition and orientation into a successful employment environment at no cost.
- Provide the services of dedicated employment specialist who assist in the implementation of working strategies, direct instruction on the job as well as developing good working relationships with co- workers and managers.
- Offer on going follow up and support upon completion of the training process to ensure the long-term success of the individual working in the community.
Ask about tax credits for hiring our people!
The Adult Day Training Program
The Adult Day Training Program at Options Unlimited provides an opportunity for adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities to be involved as part of their community. Individuals learn and improve social, daily living, employment, and general life skills. Self-advocacy is promoted as individuals participate in community activities.
The individual, caregiver, day program staff and other team members (case managers, behavior specialist) meet annually to develop a plan to individualize services and set goals. Participants then work on their goals through various activities out in the community as well as planned activities at the center.
Ticket To Work
Ticket to Work Employment Network
- If you are currently receiving Social Security Insurance (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and wish to find employment that will allow you to be financially independent, Options Unlimited can help! This program can help you increase your income and gain greater personal fulfillment through work.
- The Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Program can help you meet the right people, find the right services, decide what kind of work is right for you, and receive employment support on your way to success. We can assist with resume writing, interview skills, job search, submitting applications and on-the-job supports if needed.
Transition from School to Work Program
A program within three high schools located in the Bullitt County school district, the Transition from School to Work Program focuses on teaching transitional skills to juniors and seniors with disabilities, insuring that they smoothly transition from school to the working/college world. These skills include soft skills, advocating for themselves, resume writing, interview tips and tricks, online application processes, and how to ask for accommodations at school and work. During the program, students get to go out into the community and gain actual work skills by working in their own communities. They get to job shadow and take tours of places to which they are interested. They also get to practice their interview skills by taking part in mock interviews ran by community partners. The first year was a success and now all three Bullitt County high schools are being served by their own job coaches.
Our job coaches guide students through site-based instruction. So that when the student graduates they may obtain employment.
Job Seekers Services
We provide Employment Services to those with disabilities, who have an interest in working in the community.
Options receives referrals from the Kentucky Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, SS Ticket to Work and Department for the Blind to provide these services at no cost to the clients. We provide a variety of services and supports to individuals so that they may achieve their desired vocational goals.
Individuals begin the Supported Employment process at the assessment and planning stage. During this time we will look at the individual’s interests and skills and match these to a potential employer through job development. On the job training and coaching is a support that is offered to assure success of the individuals in our Supported Employment Program. The Employment Specialist responsibilities include the implementation of work strategies, direct instruction on the job as well as developing good working relationships on the job with co-workers and managers.
Ongoing follow up and support is provided to ensure the long term success of the individual working in the community as in:
- Client Centered Planning
- Training programs
- Resume Development
- Interviewing skills
- Job Readiness
- Job Development Services
- On the Job Supports