Job Title: Employment Specialist
Program/Service: UPS Transitional Learning Center
Position Type: Part-time / Full-time
Salary: Based on experience and certifications
Applications Accepted By:
Phone: 502-955-7271 ext. 122
Email: [email protected]
Subject Line: Full-Time Employment Specialist
Name: Brian Stinnett/Dawn Cross
Company Name: Options Unlimited, Inc.
205 Castlerock Drive
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
To provide job readiness (interviewing training, resume development, etc.), one-on-one and small group training at job sites. Determine appropriate follow up services based on individual needs and establish and maintain service plans and staff notes on each client.
Experience with individuals with disabilities; excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Previous experience in teaching or training employees preferred.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide on-going training and support to the clients in training center. Training including hard and soft skills, safety skills, job modification and adaptations, and pre-employment skills training
• Provide job readiness training with interview preparedness and resume development for each trainee.
• Identify areas of strengths and skills that need to be improved and provide training accordingly.
• Coordinate activities with UPS trainers and leadership
• Coordinate activities with Coalition agencies in a professional and friendly manner to assist in client progress.
• Responsible for maintaining all documentation of all follow-up services and writing reports for each client.
• Responsible for maintaining client confidentially and keeping client files in a professional manner.
• Continue to improve and update skills related to supported employment issues by attending various trainings, professional organizational meetings and any other conferences that are beneficial.
• Must be organized and work independently.
• Responsible for all other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director which are necessary for the operation of the program.